Thursday, May 23, 2013

Beer Fest Bonanza

If you follow me on Instagram, it was probably pretty clear Carl & I went to a beer festival last weekend .. what with the "Crown Beer Fest" pint glass, pretzel necklace, and all.  And it was fabulous.  So much fun - I definitely recommend going to one!  It's almost always a sure thing that I'll love any local wine or brew fest. 

My Top Tastes:
- Back Road Brewery's Blueberry Stout - sounds odd, but it works..it really, really works. (For being so close in La Porte, Indiana we'll definitely be making a trip out to the brewery in the near future to sample a flight.)
Brickstone Brewery's Cherry Ale  - absolutely delicous!
- Flat 12 Bierwork's Cucumber Kolsch - talk about a refreshing summer beer! 
- Crown Brewing's Apple Ale & their Green Tea Dee-railer - both SO good!

There was such an amazing abundance of great beer that these are only a few of my favorites!

And finally, another great discovery last weekend was that the company BrewFest Partners does a whole slew of local beer festivals!  Check out the line up for the great lakes region here.  I've been looking at all the details; sign me up for the Great Lakes Brew Fest in Racine, Wisconsin.  That one sounds amazing, definitely worth a trip a bit North.  Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment